Tuesday, September 18, 2012

How I started with Jewelry

Well, I fully intended to add more things, but it has been so hectic, it's crazy. Even though I closed, my digital scrapbook store, things are not slowing down! Anyhow, I thought I would show you some of the jewelry I have been making.

This is my very first piece. It's a bracelet I made with different colored flower beads around it.


I was so fascinated by what I've done. Of course now I know it doesn't look as good as it should be, but that was enough to get me hooked on it! I was intrigued by the wire-wrapping and love the beaded work too.

Here is another bracelet I did a few months after. This one looks way better!


Another thing that really fascinated me was cabochons. Now I never even heard of that word before. Of course there are beautiful real gems, but I was also interested in making my own using polymer clay. So I made some. This is my first cabochon necklace I made.


I really like how it turned out. Right now I am still learning and experimenting with different things I want to try. I have my own tastes. I don't like jewelry that looks too gaudy or blingy.. But I do like nice beads and feathers, and I LOVE that ethnic look as opposed to the real polished "expensive" look.

Catch ya next time.






1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog